Contact Information:

  • Olympic National Forest
    • Supervisor’s Office
      1835 Black Lk Blvd SW
      Olympia, WA 98512
    • (360) 956-2402
      TTD (360) 956-2401
    • Hours: 8-4:30, M-F


Permit Information:

There are three categories of permits you may need when visiting the Olympic National Forest.

  • Recreation Pass or Permit
    • You will need this to park and many National Forest Trailheads.
    • The Interagency Pass comes in 7 flavors
    • The Forest Pass has 3 flavors
  • Forest Product Permit
    • You will need this to harvest anything in the National Forest.
      • Salal
      • Mushrooms
      • Christmas Trees
      • Berries
      • Firewood
  • Special Use Permit (commercial, etc)
    • You will need this for commercial use or events
      • Recreation Events
      • Outfitter Guides
      • Transmission Lines
      • Research Studies
      • Filming

Longway is the trail name for Tim Todd and is quite fitting due to the fact that every aspect of his life consist of taking the longest route and time to arrive. For Longway the journey is the destination.

Join The Conversation